[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” admin_preview_bg=”]
Sweet potatoes at the dinner table: You either love them or you hate them.
This secret family recipe has long been a favorite of ours during the holiday season. It’s been such a hit that our friends and family who don’t normally like sweet potatoes even ask for seconds! The maple flavoring and crushed pineapples in this sweet potato crunch recipe give it a wonderfully sweet and savory flavor.
I usually double this recipe and bake it in a 13×9 pan because even double is often not enough! I hope you enjoy our sweet potato crunch recipe this holiday season. Don’t forget to pin this recipe for future use, and let us know in the comments if you end up making it!
Sweet Potato Crunch
3 c sweet potatoes
2/3 stick butter, softened
1tsp maple flavoring
small can of crushed pineapple
1c brown sugar
For the filling:
- Peel, cube, and boil sweet potatoes until soft. Remove from pot and mash
- Add sugar, salt, half of the butter, milk, maple flavoring, eggs, and crushed pineapple to the sweet potatoes and mix well
- Place mixture in a 13×9 baking dish
For the topping:
- Combine remaining butter, brown sugar, flour, and pecans
- Sprinkle mixture on top of sweet potatoes
Bake casserole in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 min or until crust is caramelized on top. If doubling the recipe, you may need to bake for an additional 5-15 min.
Serve with a tasty Thanksgiving turkey and your favorite Holiday side dishes, like our family favorite, Coke Salad!
Loved this recipe? Be sure to Pin It for later!